Space challenge 2018 invited designers from all over the world to submit space-themed designs in low and high poly categories.
They had a huge turnout with models of planets, asteroids, aliens, rockets, robots, satellites, space stations and everything in between and their panel of judges had a great time picking the winners!
Prizes kindly provided by professional companies at 3D-Coat, Quixel, Exlevel and FOX RenderFarm as well as Cebas Visual Technology.
The contest was divided into 2 categories: low poly and high poly and just 3 partecipants for each category have been eligible for the prizes ( globally 6 winners), where the partecipants were about 300 people.
I’m happy that I got the second prize for the high poly category, presenting my detailed PBR Robot.
All the partecipants have been judged according to the following criteria:
- Quality – number one priority!
- High Poly – Photorealistic model
- Models must reflect 3D Coat’s voice – kindness, compassion and purity are positive and educational
- Uniqueness, innovation and general achievement in design of model
- Clear and attractive presentation – that includes paying attention to model pictures and detailed descriptions
The judges were part of CGTrader, 3D-Coat, Quixel, Exlevel and FOX RenderFarm and Cebas Visual Technology
Here are the details:
and here the interview they asked me to leave: